At Feversham College our curriculum is designed to promote the spiritual, intellectual, personal, social and physical development of all students. It includes formal lessons and a wide range of extra curricular activities within an Islamic Ethos.
In the organisation and planning of the curriculum we aim to meet the needs of all our students so they achieve the best they can. To maximise achievement we will:
- Emphasise the duty of a Muslim to seek and gain knowledge
- Ensure high quality teaching and learning
- Emphasise the key skills of communication, numeracy and information technology
- Use information technology to enhance teaching and learning
- Extend learning into the community and the world of business and employment
- Monitor student performance and set targets for improvement
- Encourage students to take responsibility for their own learning, to identify strengths and weaknesses, and improve performance to meet individual targets
- Support students through mentoring, additional study and homework
At Key Stage 3 students will be taught National Curriculum programmes of study in the following subjects:
- English, including drama
- Design Technology
- Modern Languages (Arabic and Urdu)
- Physical Education
All students follow a Religious Studies programme which includes Tajweed (Qu'ranic recitation), Islam and other faiths.